You will receive the error code 80072ef3, which prevents you from logging in to your Xbox Live account after you have provided your e-mail and password. The problem most commonly occurs due to outdated or corrupted cache files containing old information stored in them. So, if you log in or do something else that the system wants to check the cache for, this error will be displayed.
Clearing the cache contents will usually fix this error. Before you begin, make sure your Xbox can connect to the Internet.
Delete the cache files on the Xbox
Press the guide button on the controller. Go to Settings -> System Settings and Select Memory.
- Select memory, but do not select it. We do not have to open it.
- Press the Y button on the device option controller.
- On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache
- In the prompt for maintenance, select YES
Now we have to download our live profile again.
Press the guide button again.
Select Download profile. If it is not displayed, press the X button and then check.
- Select Download Profile at the bottom of the screen again.
- Enter your e-mail address for the Xbox account and enter your password to log in.
- Enter your e-mail address for the Xbox account.